Easy Cinnamon Rolls
Easy Cinnamon Rolls
These easy Cinnamon rolls are perfect to make with the children. They are delicious and will leave your house smelling like Christmas.
Ingredients for Easy Cinnamon Rolls
200g strong white flour, plus extra for dusting
7g sachet fast-action dried yeast
10g unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
vegetable oil, for greasing
For the filling
15g unsalted butter, melted
30g soft brown sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
For the glaze
50 caster sugar
50 grs cream cheese
1/4 vanilla extract
1 tsp whipping cream
1,-Put the flour and 1 tsp salt into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the yeast. Meanwhile, warm the milk and butter in a pan until the butter melts and the mixture is lukewarm. Add the milk mixture and egg to the flour mixture and stir until the contents come together as a soft dough (add extra flour if you need to).
2. Tip the dough onto a well-floured surface. Knead for 5 mins, adding more flour if necessary, until the dough is smooth, elastic and no longer sticky.
3. Lightly oil a bowl with the vegetable oil. Place the dough in the bowl and turn until covered in oil. Cover the bowl with cling film and set aside in a warm place for 1 hr or until doubled in size. Lightly grease a baking sheet and set aside.
4. For the filling, knock the dough back to its original size and turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Roll it into a 1cm-thick rectangle. Brush all over with the melted butter, then sprinkle over the sugar, cinnamon and fruit.
5. Roll up the dough into a tight cylinder, cut into 9 x 4cm slices and position on the prepared baking sheet, leaving a little space between. Cover with a tea towel and set aside to rise for 30 mins.
6. Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Bake the buns for 20-25 mins or until risen and golden brown. Meanwhile, melt the glaze sugar with 4 tbsp water until syrupy.
7. Remove from oven and glaze. Set aside to cool on a wire rack. Once cool, mix the zest and icing sugar with about 2 tbsp water to drizzle over the buns. Serve.